The King's Mead

Your thoughts on what's to see and do
FLIPPER

The King's Mead

Post by FLIPPER »

The new Macs pub at Chadwell Spring is now open. I called in this morning and was made most welcome by the staff. In my eyes it is very nicely fitted out as a pub and a restaurant. The golf course is still under development, but I look forward to trying out the food next week.
Martin

Re: The King's Mead

Post by Martin »

I called in at 11.00 am yesterday (Friday) and was told they were still doing staff training and that it wasn't open until Monday 10th! :cry:

Were you able to get a beer?
FLIPPER

Post by FLIPPER »

Hi Martin . I called in the pub about 12.00 I did have a pint of beer and made most welcome. I was only there for a short time and by the time I left there were a lot more customers coming in.I had called in the previous week and was told that they would be opening on 7th April but would not be advertising the fact so that the staff could acclimatize themselves, but yes it was open.
trev

Post by trev »

I am sure the location is now lovely but just one thing lets it down - it is McMullens! The beer is awful!
kevin phillips bong

Post by kevin phillips bong »

In my lifetime I hope to declare Ware....... a Mucks free zone!!
Martin

Post by Martin »

"I am sure the location is now lovely but just one thing lets it down - it is McMullens! The beer is awful!"

Nothing like an unbiased opinion from someone who hasn't either been in there or tasted the beer.

I called in one evening last week, the service was excellent, the food was fine, and the pint of "Kings Mead" that I had was lovely!
JCB

Post by JCB »

I agree with the comment about actually checking a place out for oneself, but come, on, it's a pretty safe bet to say a Mac's pub is never going to be the greatest. I'm sure the staff are lovely and do their best, but when it comes down to it, it will never be able to rise above the label of McMullens which equates to not very good beer and little imagination from head office management. Should anyone find a Macs pub which defies this well earned stereotype I should be interested to know.
malcmac

Post by malcmac »

The level of venom some people have towards McMullen pubs in this area has always astonished me...I've always wondered what the real truth behind these hostile feelings are.

Vote with your feet.
VicarageRoader

Post by VicarageRoader »

I visited the other evening and had a pint of one of the beers from Macs new onsite microbrewery (Rivertown) which they're using to produce small batch product. It was really rather good, far superior to anything they brew under their own label. On the downside, Mrs VR had a coffee which really wasn't very good.