Tudor Square

News and views on shopping in the town.
Mel

Tudor Square

Post by Mel »

The plans will be on show in Ware Priory on 25th January http://www.waretowncouncil.gov.uk/Core/ ... fault.aspx
jasmine98

Re: Tudor Square

Post by jasmine98 »

Who is up for a game of chess in Tudor Square then?
Damo5

Post by Damo5 »

Does anyone know what the planned timing for this is?
Matt40

Post by Matt40 »

Wow, it looks nice! The plans make the square look bigger.
JudieT

Post by JudieT »

The plans look good and the supporting document makes sense, I always thought though that it was a missed opportunity not to allow the restaurants to use the space for outdoor seating (I know Jacobys has to some degree in the past), but on a recent trip to France a square just like this was sectioned out for each bordering restaurant to have an additional seating area and it was very busy.
I know the weather isn't the most favourable in this country for dining al fresco, but if they can do it in other countries in Northern Europe why can't we?
I like the trees though - it will give somewhere else for the pigeons to live :lol:
John_D

Post by John_D »

Looks much nicer than the rather bleak area that we currently have, HOWEVER it will totally preclude the use of the area for most of the events that the square has hosted in the past, namely markets, stalls on Dickensian evening and of course Classic Car events. :?
Andy B

Post by Andy B »

Lets be completely honest about this if the square is changed as per the plans who will use it? Oiks is who they will populate the area as it will be better than Kibes Lane car park, this will become no place for normal people. To have a design that stops the current list of events that happen there is wrong it should be a design that encourages further events not detracts from them.
I hope this plan goes the same way as the others.
John_D

Post by John_D »

Andy B wrote:Lets be completely honest about this if the square is changed as per the plans who will use it? Oiks is who they will populate the area as it will be better than Kibes Lane car park, this will become no place for normal people. To have a design that stops the current list of events that happen there is wrong it should be a design that encourages further events not detracts from them.
I hope this plan goes the same way as the others.
Couldn't put it better myself 8-)
JillR

Post by JillR »

I confirm that the market and events such as Dickensian Evening and Music and Motors will still be able to take place in Tudor Square. This was an important part of the design brief.
John_D

Post by John_D »

JillR wrote:I confirm that the market and events such as Dickensian Evening and Music and Motors will still be able to take place in Tudor Square. This was an important part of the design brief.
This 3D view would say otherwise :?