Street Life - Tudor Sq

News and views on shopping in the town.
Steve

Re: Street Life - Tudor Sq

Post by Steve »

jbond wrote:Report in the Mercury on the Tudor Sq plans.
https://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/ ... et-1687234
"One of the consultation responders, claiming to speak on behalf of residents of Tudor Square, spoke out against the plans."

What a joy he or she must be.
ware_resident

Post by ware_resident »

As has been said before, Jocobys need to leave room so that you can access the square from the churchyard, and vice versa.
jbond

Post by jbond »

I'm glad to report that I've just had an apology and promise to do better from the Jacoby's General Manager via Facebook. So they are aware of the problem.
JCB

Post by JCB »

That would explain the OCD removal of table and chairs the moment they are vacated, thought it looked a pretty odd thing to be doing, they must be overly paranoid!
Mel

Post by Mel »

We were in Tudor Square this morning and the tables are still there although there is a gap for you to get through to the footpath!
Matt40

Post by Matt40 »

That is a pain. People outside sometimes scowl at my kids as they scooter close to them. Clearly not appreciating the problem that sometimes there are no big gaps. Good for Jacoby's to recognise the problem though.
jasmine98

Post by jasmine98 »

Tables and chairs in Tudor Square can add to the local atmosphere and I am in favour but lets be sensible abut it. Tudor Square is an amenity for the whole town to enjoy, not just the customers of the restaurants surrounding it. The number of tables and chairs must be controlled otherwise they are likely to take over even more of the public space. Likewise, safe free access to the pathways must also be maintained at all times without possible intimidation from those seated outside. Hopefully Tudor Square will be brought to life for us all to use and enjoy! I now see tables and chairs outside most eating places in Ware and Hertford, some on very narrow footways - do they have to be approved and licenced? As for the Advertising boards, they really do cause obstruction in many cases.
JCB

Post by JCB »

A pavement licence is required and will have very strict specifications as to how far the seating can extend, and how many table and chairs are allowed.
@lordcoryofware

Post by @lordcoryofware »

Yes, In regards to the Punch House, they do have to take in their drinks delivery via the front in Rankin Sqaure as this is where the hatch to the cellar is located. This can’t be changed. The drayman Park their wagon in the sqaure so they don’t cause havoc with traffic on the high st, for a pedestrian to walk around the wagon will add, at most, one minute to their journey. Other deliveries, such as food go in via the car park.
Andy B

Post by Andy B »

Don't worry it'll all be resolved once the weather changes! ;)