New playing surface at Ware FC

Discussion on local sporting activities, fixtures and clubs
Blueboy

New playing surface at Ware FC

Post by Blueboy »

Ware FC's opening match on their new artificial surface is due this Tuesday (31st). We had hoped to christen the new playing surface with a visit from Football League side Stevenage but delays in completion of the work meant that game had to be cancelled. So the honour of being our first full opponents on the 3G falls to Southern League Barton Rovers who we welcome to share the occasion with us.

We now have an artificial pitch that provides a truer surface than we have ever enjoyed before; minimises postponements to an almost unlimited extent; and allows us to hold matches throughout the week. To that end we can now host our five under age teams at their home ground and welcome the Meninas girls' football club who are establishing their playing base at the ground. Other local teams and competitions are following.

Our aim is to re-establish the club's position at the centre of the town's participation in the world's greatest sport. Come along and join us. Entrance for this opening game is just £5 (£2.50 for concessions).
kevin phillips bong

Re: New playing surface at Ware FC

Post by kevin phillips bong »

Have to say thoroughly looking forward to the new season despite the 'dodgy' new home shirt! The majority of the team that finished last year in fine form have re-signed including the magnificent Dave Cowley plus, we have re-signed the great 'little' Albert Adu who was fantastic for us a few years ago.
Andy B

Post by Andy B »

Dodgy new shirt?
Pictures are required! :D
Blueboy

Post by Blueboy »

Hasn't gone down altogether well with supporters. It's a long way from the traditional blue and white stripes.
Attachments
Shirt2.jpg
Shirt2.jpg (194.72 KiB) Viewed 15882 times
FurtiveBertie

Post by FurtiveBertie »

Ooh, it's like one of those trendy new warehouse buildings which fade lighter towards the top, and blend into the background when you drive past them!

Maybe it'll give you an advantage by making you invisible! :D
Andy B

Post by Andy B »

I wonder who takes responsibility for making the change?
No Ware FC logo either.
Its not inspiring I have to say.
Blueboy

Post by Blueboy »

Andy, the photo is of a sample. The club badge on the chest and league badge for the sleeves will be added in time for Saturday's league opener at Wodson Park.
Andy B

Post by Andy B »

Blueboy wrote:Andy, the photo is of a sample. The club badge on the chest and league badge for the sleeves will be added in time for Saturday's league opener at Wodson Park.
I did wonder that after posting lets hope the season goes well for them.
Blueboy

Post by Blueboy »

And to answer the other part of your question Andy, it was the chairman who placed the order for the new shirts. Having paid for the new artificial surface that we now have at the ground I guess he felt he could do that. I think most supporters are hoping it is only a year before the stripes come back.
Andy B

Post by Andy B »

Blueboy wrote:And to answer the other part of your question Andy, it was the chairman who placed the order for the new shirts. Having paid for the new artificial surface that we now have at the ground I guess he felt he could do that. I think most supporters are hoping it is only a year before the stripes come back.
Could you imagine Man U or West Ham significantly changing their strip without consultation or good reason?