Flood Warning for Ware

Clubs and societies, neighbourhood and social issues
Matt40

Re: Flood Warning for Ware

Post by Matt40 »

Thanks scottman! Does that happen at the pumphouse or is that just a diversion for new river? Can anyone confirm the meads are being used?
Ian

Post by Ian »

Don't know if it's controlled, but I assume it is, at lunchtime today the New River was very muddy and right up to the top of the bank, I assumed it was being diverted from the Lea to take off the pressure further up in Hertford.
John_D

Post by John_D »

Ian wrote:Don't know if it's controlled, but I assume it is, at lunchtime today the New River was very muddy and right up to the top of the bank, I assumed it was being diverted from the Lea to take off the pressure further up in Hertford.
So much for the clean spring water being 'sent' down to London, Sir Hugh Middleton will be spinning in his grave! :shock:
Scottman

Post by Scottman »

Don't worry - it'll be lovely by the time it gets there. Yes it's drawn off at the pump house, which is now the top of the 'New River'.

All levels markedly down today - although the Lea is running as fast as I've ever seen it (will be scouring it out a bit - good!). Hopefully some capacity ready for
the next 24 hours.
QMouse

Post by QMouse »

Judging by the height of the plastic bags the people in the new houses must of been getting a bit nervous.
Judging by the height of the plastic bags the people in the new houses must of been getting nervous
Judging by the height of the plastic bags the people in the new houses must of been getting nervous
IMG_2746.JPG (158.28 KiB) Viewed 14058 times
Matt40

Post by Matt40 »

New houses? Where are they?
QMouse

Post by QMouse »

I'm not sure of the road names, but they are off Star St, just past the Petrol Station. Thats the original river Lea, its usually only about a foot deep.
Scottman

Post by Scottman »

It's called Leaside Rise!!!!!! :D
Matt40

Post by Matt40 »

Oh there! I saw they were building from widbury hill, never seen it from the other side.
Scottman

Post by Scottman »

That house needs to be called 'Nottoomuch'