1st Riverside Real Ale Festival 12/7

Your thoughts on what's to see and do
kevin phillips bong

1st Riverside Real Ale Festival 12/7

Post by kevin phillips bong »

The first ever Ware Riverside Real Ale Festival takes place on Saturday 12th July @ Fletcher's Lea, proudly part of Ware Festival. Open lunchtime 12 - 3.30 families welcome tickets £1, and evening 6.30 - 11 with live band 'The Trees' tickets £3. 21 ales and ciders with BBQ, wine and soft drinks. Advance ticket guarantees entrance and available from Ware Priory, Genesis Jewellers and Crooked Billet; they will also be available from our stall on Ware Carnival this Saturday.
Proceeds to the Ware Festival Charities.
Whereaami

Re: 1st Riverside Real Ale Festival 12/7

Post by Whereaami »

Not convinced beer and children mix.........
Ian

Post by Ian »

Bother, that's when we're travelling for our holiday :( Hope it all goes well :)
RosalynM

Post by RosalynM »

Kids are welcome for the afternoon session - we will have a puppet show, puppet making & bake off on the back lawn during the afternoon too. Evening is adults only.
IGS

Post by IGS »

Whereaami wrote:Not convinced beer and children mix.........
...but wine and spirits are fine.
kevin phillips bong

Post by kevin phillips bong »

Ware trying something new with the lunchtime session allowing children. I must admit it doesn't necessarily fit well with me however, if you're a family why should you be excluded from having an ale (or 3)? No way will the children be running around causing mayhem - Ealier this year I went to a brilliant beer festival in Baldock in a school, it was mind blowing how everything jelled together adults and children mixed brilliantly and it was one of the best beer festivals I've been to in a long time - if they can make it work, I'm sure we can, in anycase adults aren't excluded and we'll have some background music as well.
The Masked Woler

Post by The Masked Woler »

kevin phillips bong wrote: No way will the children be running around causing mayhem -
I think you miss the point - my experience of the behaviour (and language) of adults once the beer is flowing is not something I would want young children of mine to be subjected to.
naga

Post by naga »

We always go to the Ware Real Ale Festival (the one earlier in the year) and we have never witnessed any untowards behaviour from the punters...
Maybe that's because of the nature of the clientele that attend Real Ale Fests (or because there are no fizzy lagers to frazzle your brain :mrgreen: )
RosalynM

Post by RosalynM »

The racking & bar is in & the ale has arrived ready for the Riverside Real Ale Festival this Saturday. Great to have a new Ware Festival event.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

If there are any cakes left after the bake off could Ware Cricket Club buy some off you?