Renewal of water pipes

Your views on traffic and parking in the town
Mel

Renewal of water pipes

Post by Mel »

Just had a letter through the door about this and I'm sure we had all this done quite a while ago. I remember all the holes in the pavement and the upheaval. So was it not done properly the first time round? Anyone else remember all that? I can remember they broke a water main in our road, water went shooting up in the air, it was quite funny to watch the workmen though!
Aardvaark

Re: Renewal of water pipes

Post by Aardvaark »

We are currently having mains water pipe in two adjoining roads replaced completely - they said could take up to 3 weeks but I think they will finish sooner than that. They are doing their best to minimise disruption. There were no holes made in the pavement - just some spaced out down the road. We were warned our water could be off for up to 10 hours, but in fact supply was restored in just over 3 hours. If it was complete renewal of your main water supply last time Mel, maybe it doesn't conform to latest standards? - they seem to be doing most of Ware in turn.
Mel

Post by Mel »

Says a lot for the workmanship at the time doesn't it! I'm surprised no one else remembers all these holes everywhere, complete chaos.
ware_resident

Post by ware_resident »

Just had a letter through the door saying that affinity intend replacing the water pipes in my area w/c 12th November for 2 weeks.

I cannot wait !
Mel

Post by Mel »

Having been through it once before in 2000 I am not looking forward to it especially as at the same time we will be having our kitchen done! I emailed Affinity and they say that some of the pipes were done in 2000 and they are now doing the remainder. Why not do all of them back then??