Wagger's Pub

Your thoughts on what's to see and do

Re: Wagger's Pub

Postby Steve » Mon 16 Dec 2013 11:50 am

Alec wrote:There was the surprise announcement on the night that the Guitar Club will be taken over and moved to Hertford Corn Exchange. Great to see it continue, and hopefully will pick up some new members, but I'll certainly miss the chance to walk down on a Wednesday night...

So it's hardly Ware Guitar Club anymore, unless it's like Hertford Rugby Club ;)
User avatar
Steve
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Fri 08 Nov 2013 5:39 pm
Location: Hertford

Re: Wagger's Pub

Postby VicarageRoader » Mon 16 Dec 2013 2:01 pm

brassdoorknob wrote:Ah, so thinking ahead, amongst other equally important things, we need a new venue for the beer festival? Wodson Park?


The Drill Hall would be brilliant.

It could be expanded then :D
VicarageRoader
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu 08 Jun 2006 12:00 am
Location: Ware

Re: Wagger's Pub

Postby Alec » Mon 16 Dec 2013 3:44 pm

VicarageRoader wrote:The Drill Hall would be brilliant.
It could be expanded then :D


Agree with the Drill Hall suggestion - a great use for such a big space! Though it's not so friendly for live music unless rammed and with a quality PA. Plus there's nowhere for people to get away from the music if they don't want it.

But, there's no hard rule to say you have to have music - and it's traditionally been on only the second night, anyway.

(How) would a BBQ be feasible there? Or maybe just run food from the kitchen?
Alec
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Fri 07 Nov 2003 12:00 am
Location: Ware

Re: Wagger's Pub

Postby craig » Mon 16 Dec 2013 3:54 pm

Whooooaa there. Please people.
The Arts Centre, the venue for the Beer Festival, is not in doubt and will continue in it's current format until the 'volunteer' organisers decide otherwise.

This topic is about Waggers closing down. Please take your Beer Festival planning to another thread, or better still - join the Beer Festival 'volunteer' committee and aire your suggestions there.
User avatar
craig
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Sat 09 Nov 2013 5:19 pm

Re: Wagger's Pub

Postby Littlejon » Mon 16 Dec 2013 10:00 pm

I'm very interested in finding out who or where in the council has responsibility for administering this site! If anyone knows... drop me a DM.
Littlejon
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri 21 Jan 2011 12:00 am
Location: Ware

Re: Wagger's Pub

Postby IGS » Tue 17 Dec 2013 1:45 am

Littlejon wrote:I'm very interested in finding out who or where in the council has responsibility for administering this site! If anyone knows... drop me a DM.
I've just been searching through East Herts website and couldn't find anything. It's probably best to ring them or email them.
User avatar
IGS
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue 09 Jun 2009 12:00 am
Location:

Re: Wagger's Pub

Postby kevin phillips bong » Tue 17 Dec 2013 11:10 am

First of all Arts Centre has a lease of at least 15 years from beloved ehdc so beer festivals fine thankfully.

Now onto Waggers, everyone knows Pete wanted to leave as the family couldn't carry on with it. Shame the name will disappear from the town as they've done a lot for charities over the years also a shame no real notice about it actually closing - surely wonderful ehdc could have let them carry on to Christmas.

Would be nice to know what is going to happen to the building as it has great potential - I heard industrial which surely would need change of use?
User avatar
kevin phillips bong
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue 11 Jan 2005 12:00 am
Location: Ware - the centre of the Universe!

Re: Wagger's Pub

Postby IGS » Tue 17 Dec 2013 11:52 am

kevin phillips bong wrote:First of all Arts Centre has a lease of at least 15 years from beloved ehdc so beer festivals fine thankfully.

Now onto Waggers, everyone knows Pete wanted to leave as the family couldn't carry on with it. Shame the name will disappear from the town as they've done a lot for charities over the years also a shame no real notice about it actually closing - surely wonderful ehdc could have let them carry on to Christmas.

Would be nice to know what is going to happen to the building as it has great potential - I heard industrial which surely would need change of use?
Glad to hear the beer festival is safe.

I think it was Pete's decision to close before Christmas. But I could be wrong.
User avatar
IGS
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue 09 Jun 2009 12:00 am
Location:

Re: Wagger's Pub

Postby Byronsnr » Mon 27 Jan 2014 1:30 pm

Regular users of the Arts Centre believe they have eight years left on their lease but there may of course be overiding clauses in their lease ! and there has been some reference locally to planning permission for the South Maltings in Kibes Lane which may be the same site - I don't know the answr to that one !
Byronsnr
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed 08 Jan 2014 3:56 pm
Location: Ware

Re: Wagger's Pub

Postby IGS » Mon 27 Jan 2014 1:45 pm

Byronsnr wrote:Regular users of the Arts Centre believe they have eight years left on their lease but there may of course be overiding clauses in their lease ! and there has been some reference locally to planning permission for the South Maltings in Kibes Lane which may be the same site - I don't know the answr to that one !
It's the same building. See topic on Maltings on Kibes Lane:


viewtopic.php?f=35&t=111
User avatar
IGS
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue 09 Jun 2009 12:00 am
Location:

Previous

Return to Leisure & Entertainment

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests