Temporary footpath closure

Clubs and societies, neighbourhood and social issues
Scouter

Temporary footpath closure

Post by Scouter »

I've just had a word with a workman who has informed me that the footpath that runs from the the far end of the field opposite the graveyard entrance on Wulfrath Way, to the garages that are accessed near where Lower Bourne Gardens starts (which I believe is footpath 3) will be closed for a week or so because they need to lay a new electricity cable to the sub station which has been the cause of the recent power cut. Therefore if you have kids on the Old Vic. Estate that attend Chauncy school etc you may want to re route them for a few days.

This has been a Scouter public service announcement :)
Scouter

Re: Temporary footpath closure

Post by Scouter »

Having seen the digger come and go, it recently returned to basically dig up and fill in the same stretch again! Worse that that the second visit has seen the dug part left akin to a farmer's field, lots of extra vegetation and trees dug up/ flattened/ ripped out, the various vegetation/ trees have been dumped behind the garages accessed off Lower Bourne Gardens, the slope up to the field has been hacked about and not made good and to top it off I now have a wobbly gate post were one of the trees was ripped out.

I have contacted the highways department who have said that they don't look after it and suggested trying land registry who have said that there's no guarantee of finding out and I have to pay! Any ideas out there as to how I can find out?
Scouter

Re: Temporary footpath closure

Post by Scouter »

Quick update: I contacted a guy called Nicholas Maddex at HCC's Right of Way dept who got a representitive from Morrison Utilities down and they accepted that his firm had left the path in a poor state and in the next couple of weeks they will be laying topsoil over the current bricks, stones and subsoil, and spreading it evenly to remove the wet depressions, etc.

So fair play to the Right of Way Dept and Morrisons Utilities.