If I had £1000 to improve Ware I would...

Clubs and societies, neighbourhood and social issues
Mel

Re: If I had £1000 to improve Ware I would...

Post by Mel »

come to think of it though, does the land behind the war memorial belong to the church? As there are graves in there would it have once been part of the churchyard?
The Masked Woler

Post by The Masked Woler »

Mel wrote:come to think of it though, does the land behind the war memorial belong to the church? As there are graves in there would it have once been part of the churchyard?
It does, but I don't see that as a problem if the church agreed, one for the new vicar?
Cod

Post by Cod »

If I had £1000 to improve Ware I would bring back the diving boards!
Attachments
Lido.png
Lido.png (144.6 KiB) Viewed 6138 times
Mel

Post by Mel »

We drove the war memorial last night and the garden behind actually looked nice, the grass had been cut. Not sure what state the benches would be in though after being bombed by the birds!
Matt40

Post by Matt40 »

If i had a thousand pounds;

I would spend it all on paint and paint the flats above the shops in anwell end and mostly that monstrosity opposite the old navigator above the cleaners/newsagents. That has to be the biggest eyesore on approaching the town. I'd replace all that flaking white paint with some pastel yellow or green like those houses in notting hill, how cheerful would that be? Lovely!

Matt
mb1

Post by mb1 »

Those awful sixities flats above shops in Amwell End and that end of the High Street can't really be improved with flowers and paint. They need knocking down and replacing with buildings in keeping with the rest of the High Street.

that said, with £1000 as some others have said, I would give the money to the Wings for Ware in Bloom, or split it with the arts Centre and them.